Interested in exciting projects in the environmental field, as part of a dynamic, international team in Brussels?
shecco is a market accelerator supporting the introduction of climate friendly technologies in the heating, cooling and refrigeration (HVAC&R) industry, with a special focus on natural refrigerants. Our philosophy is to bring these technologies faster to the market in order to reduce greenhouse gas emissions as soon as possible and thereby “sustaining our atmosphere”.
shecco’s Market Development team offers customised market research, business intelligence and consultancy services; public affairs and advocacy services; European and international project activities and campaigns; and a range of publications.
The Market Development team is based in Brussels, Belgium. The shecco group has offices in Tokyo and New York. To support its activities in the area of market research, business development and project management, shecco is looking to recruit a Junior Market Analyst & Project Assistant with a strong academic background and practical experience in data collection, market research and analysis as well as communication.
shecco is looking for a motivated, skilled and proactive Junior Market Analyst & Project Assistant to complement shecco’s Market Development team and support the team members in research activities, communication campaigns, as well as journalistic and project management work. More specifically, he / she will:
• Assist in planning, implementing and communicating tailor-made market research studies in the field of climate-friendly technologies, namely HVAC&R (heating, ventilation, air conditioning & refrigeration) and natural refrigerants across different regions;
• Undertake constant monitoring of industry and policy developments at a global and national scale, and compile data for internal and external databases, for market analysis and projections, partner assessments, and scenario planning;
• Draft, implement and analyse surveys;
• Communicate with market players and customers, and conduct interviews for that purpose;
• Write articles for publication on the industry web portals managed by shecco (R744.com, hydrocarbons21.com, ammonia21.com, R718.com, cars21.com), as well as contribute to print and online publications (magazines, newsletters);
• Support the preparation of events and workshops, including contributing to presentation preparation, stakeholder involvement and practical support;
• Contribute to special projects at the United Nations or European Union levels, including on-going EU-funded projects (stakeholder management, communication, research & database compilation etc.).
• Very strong interest in market and policy analysis on diverse assignments and project basis;
• Very strong motivation to work in the field of environmental technologies;
• Excellent analytical skills;
• Sound understanding of business environments;
• Able to use qualitative & quantitative research methods;
• Able to liaise with market players across multicultural environments and culturally sensitive;
• Capable of building trust and credibility with team, stakeholders, and customers;
• Quick learner, well-organised and able to deliver on time;
• Proactive with a ‘can-do attitude’, high sense of responsibility;
• Team player and able to work autonomously.
Key requirements & Competencies
• University degree in marketing, economics, business management, environmental management, or similar;
• Engineering background, a strong plus;
• Experience in carrying out analytical/research and project management activities;
• Knowledge of project management tools;
• Excellent command of English, both oral and written;
• Proficiency in using MS Office, presentation and data processing tools;
• Valid working permit for Belgium;
• Relevant academic and/or work experience in the field of environmental sciences, climate change, transport, energy and/or the HVAC&R sector, a strong plus;
• Command of German and / Spanish or another language, a strong plus;
• Experience in Marketing/Sales and professional use of social media would be a plus.
• Paid Internship (Convention d’Immersion Professionelle) for a 6-month
• After 12 months, this internship may lead to a permanent employment,
based on performance
This position entails diverse job assignments, with broad learning opportunities (i.e. on the job coaching, formal training, attendance to events, etc.) and exposure to a global working environment in fast paced and dynamic environment. Occasional international travel may be required.
For more information about this job and/or the company please contact Monica Aldea at: +32 2 230 37 00
Please use the online form to submit your application. Applications received outside the online system will not be taken into consideration.
Application deadline: 21 December 2016 (N.B. suitable candidates might be contacted before this deadline, so early application is recommended).
Interviews/tests will be held in Brussels by early January.