Interested in working on exciting projects in the environmental field, as part of a dynamic, international team in Brussels?
shecco is a market accelerator for the introduction of climate friendly technologies providing market development, publishing and events management services worldwide. Our mission is to bring these technologies faster to the market in order to reduce greenhouse gas emissions as soon as possible and thereby “sustaining our atmosphere”. We especially focus on helping our partners worldwide to introduce sustainable solutions for the Heating, Ventilation, Air-Conditioning & Refrigeration (HVAC&R) industries. shecco’s team is located in Brussels, Tokyo and New York.
To reinforce its Media team, shecco is recruiting a Social Media officer.
Estimated start date: November 2016.
This position entails a mixture of communication and media relations, requiring a personality with a flexible and positive mindset and a high degree of creativity.
The Social Media officer will support the shecco media department, strengthening our presence in social media and increasing the engagement of our stakeholders. Main responsibilities will include devising and executing social media campaigns for our websites, and publications, and maintaining a regular dialogue with stakeholders and media. This includes regular planning of strategic social media campaigns, drafting of tweets, posts, creative hashtags, etc. for all our social media platforms, monitor relevant social media platforms, drafting blog posts, articles and press releases to distribute to potential readers and media, and updating our social media plan and calendar.
The Social Media officer will be focusing in particular in the promotion of content of our websites dedicated to natural refrigerants (www.R744.com, www.hydrocarbons21.com, ww.ammonia21.com and www.R718.com) as well as our Accelerate magazines. Occasionally, the Social Media officer will also draft content for the different websites and publications.
Profile & skills
- Strong interest in environmental issues;
- Excellent drafting skills in English;
- Creative and strategic-thinker;
- Sociable, ‘people’ person;
- Excellent multitasking capabilities under pressure;
- Pro-active approach, quick learner and able to deliver on time;
- Masters degree in Media, Communications, Marketing, or similar;
- Knowledge or experience in social media platforms (1 year minimum);
- Excellent written and spoken business English, ideally mother tongue (additional languages a plus);
- Knowledge of image and video editing, a plus;
- Background in Environmental issues (via training, professional experience or volunteering) is a plus.
Paid Internship (Convention d’Immersion Professionnelle) for a 6 months period, renewable once.
This internship may lead to permanent employment, based on excellent performance.
For more information about this job and/or the company please contact Monica Aldea, at: +32 2 230 37 00
Please use the online form to submit your application: Applications received outside the online system will not be taken into consideration.