Interested in organising exciting technology events around the globe in the environmental field as part of a young, dynamic and international team in Tokyo?
To support shecco’s activities in planning and organising policy and industry conferences and meetings, as well as to support our Events team in customer relations and sales, shecco is looking to recruit an enthusiastic Events Assistant for its Tokyo office.
Estimated start date: October 2016
The Events Assistant will support the Events team, ensuring the delivery of high quality events and strengthening our customer relations. This will include all aspects of organising an event including planning, practical and logistical preparation, website management, online marketing as well as on-site execution and post-event tasks. She/he will be involved in the management of all shecco events ranging from high-profile conferences, under the brand name of ATMOsphere, to smaller meetings in Asia-Pacific. The purpose of these events is to bring together leading industry & policy experts from all around the globe to discuss and influence the future of climate friendly technologies. Moreover, she/he will be involved in contacting existing and potential customers and writing news articles for shecco’s online industry platforms and magazines.
More specifically, some of the tasks will be:
• Drafting of articles about ATMOsphere events, industry events and sponsor companies’ products and services
• email campaigns, press releases and other marketing materials;
• Updating events website (e.g. speaker bios, online programme, presentations, etc.);
• Updating ATMOsphere profile on social media (Twitter, Linkedin);
• Assisting in organising shecco’s presence at industry trade shows and conference;
• Assisting in the planning and execution of ATMOsphere Japan, ATMOsphere Asia and ATMOsphere Australia events, as well as smaller
ATMOsphere Network meetings around the world (logistical support before, during, and after an event). This includes, inter alia:
o Assisting in the preparation of budgets & time schedules, preparing project and marketing plans;
o Communicating and coordinating with participants, speakers, sponsors and media partners;
o Assisting with all questions related to registration, visa letters, sponsor exhibitions, presentations, travel arrangements;
o Providing on-site support: from setting up sponsor exhibitions and running registration to collecting evaluation forms and assisting sponsors in
o Post-event tasks: gathering and analysing participant feedback, lessons learned, drafting content-related reports, or sponsor and speaker follow-up;
o Assisting in planning and execution of events for public affairs campaigns, trade shows, industry meetings etc. at our offices in Tokyo, Brussels and
The position entails a mix of organisational, communication, creative and administrative tasks, requiring strong organizational skills and a flexible and positive mindset.
Profile / Requirements
• Strong motivation to work in the field of environmental technologies;
• Native Japanese speaker or equivalent (both oral and written);
• Fluent English (both oral and written);
• Passion for planning and organising events;
• Strong interpersonal skills and sociable;
• Very good time management and keen eye for detail;
• Quick learner, proactive approach, and hands-on;
• Team player but also able to work autonomously;
• Able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines;
• Excellent multi-tasking capabilities;
• Able to travel on a regular basis;
• Flexible, able to work overtime when needed (in particular during event time);
• University degree (Marketing, Environmental Studies, or similar), or equivalent working experience; students in final years of university studies
• Proficiency in using MS Office, and Social Media;
• Sales experience, a plus
Paid Internship for a 6-/12-month period. This internship is intended to lead to a permanent employment, based on performance.
For more information about this job and/or the company please contact Jan Dusek, at: email@example.com
Please use the online form to submit your application. Applications received outside the online system will not be taken into consideration.
Application deadline: 30 September 2016 (but successful candidates may be contacted already before this deadline, so early application is recommended).
Interviews and tests are planned to be held in Tokyo from 1st of September.