Deadline Date: January 30, 2009
Interested in exciting projects in the environmental field, as part of a dynamic, international team located in Central Brussels?
shecco is an integrated Marketing & Communication consultancy supporting the introduction of climate friendly technologies, with a special focus on natural refrigerants and next-generation electric vehicle technology. Our philosophy is to bring these technologies faster to the market in order to reduce greenhouse gas emissions as soon as possible and thereby ¨sustaining our atmosphere¨.
To lead public affairs and media campaigns and coordinate marketing research projects in the field of climate friendly technologies, shecco is looking to recruit a Public Affairs Manager.
Estimated start date: 1 of April 2009.
Working in cooperation with the Managing Director, the Public Affairs Manager will be responsible to set up and implement successful lobbying strategies and campaigns to influence key stakeholders and decision makers. He/ she will also coordinate projects ranging from market research to international conferences and act as team leader to ensure high quality services are delivered to our customers. Furthermore, He/she will have management responsibilities, overseeing finances and budget, business development and contributing to the business strategy. Based in Brussels, the position will also require international travelling, and regular contacts to stakeholders in the EU, USA, Asia and UN.
The main focus of the Public Affairs Manager will be to promote natural refrigerants in different applications to replace highly polluting HFCs and HCFCs, and supporting the deployment of next generation Hybrid/ Electric vehicle technology. Combined, the potential is to reduce over 15% of the planet's greenhouse gas emissions.
- Motivated to change things for the better
- Very good networker and presenter, able to build strong relationships across multicultural
- Entrepreneurial and results driven
- Team leader and mentor to staff
- Reliable, capable of building trust and credibility with staff, stakeholders, customers,
- Diplomatic, good negotiator and culturally sensitive
- 3 to 5 years experience in lobbying the EU and/ or national administrations
- Background in economics, political sciences, law or engineering
- Experience in campaigning and media relations
- Be fluent in English, plus German and French, a plus
- Experience in environmental policy (climate-related issues, emissions trading, etc.) a plus
- Lobbying experience internationally (UN level, USA, etc.), a plus
- Full time contract with an attractive salary
- Opportunity to lobby USA, UN and Asian Governments
- Career opportunities within shecco
- Young, international dynamic team
More information about this job and/or the company - contact our Marketing Manager at +32 2 230 37 00
Please send your motivation letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
before the deadline date.