Interested in exciting projects in the environmental field, as part of a dynamic, international team in Brussels?
shecco is a market accelerator supporting the introduction of climate friendly technologies in the heating, cooling and refrigeration (HVAC&R) industry, with a special focus on natural refrigerants. Our philosophy is to bring these technologies faster to the market to reduce greenhouse gas emissions as soon as possible and thereby “sustaining our atmosphere”.
shecco’s Market Development team offers customised market research, business intelligence and consultancy services; public affairs and advocacy services; European and international project activities and campaigns; and a range of publications. The Market Development team is based in Brussels, Belgium. The shecco group has offices in Tokyo and New York.
To support its activities in project management (EU-funded and international projects), shecco is looking to recruit a Project Coordinator with a strong interest and practical experience in project management, communication, and reporting.
Estimated start date: June 2019
shecco is looking for a motivated, skilled and proactive Project Coordinator to complement shecco’s Market Development team and take responsibility for the management of the ongoing EU-funded and international projects, contribute to market research and communication campaigns.
More specifically, he / she will:
- Take responsibility for the daily management and implementation of ongoing projects funded by the EU and other organisations, which shecco is part of. This involves, inter alia:
- Daily communication with project partners and external stakeholders;
- Preparation of project deliverables and execution of project activities;
- Monitoring and evaluating project progress, including all contractual documentation;
- Preparation of technical and financial reports;
- Organisation of and participation in regular project meetings and conferences;
- Communication and dissemination about projects on relevant channels and websites
- Monitor and identify tenders, call for projects and opportunities for public funding at UN, EU and national levels; prepare and write project proposals, seek potential project partners, etc.;
- Assist in conducting tailored market research in the field of heating, cooling and refrigeration climate-friendly technologies across different regions;
- Undertake constant monitoring of industry and policy developments at a global and national scale, and compile data for internal and external databases;
- Contribute to shecco’s media activities with articles for publication on the industry websites (R744.com, hydrocarbons21.com, ammonia21.com) and magazines (Accelerate).
- Very strong interest in EU- / UN-funded project management and market analysis;
- Very strong motivation to work in the field of environmental technologies;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Sound understanding of business environments;
- Able to use qualitative & quantitative research methods;
- Able to liaise with market players across multicultural environments and culturally sensitive;
- Capable of building trust and credibility with team, stakeholders, and customers;
- Quick learner, well-organised, detail-minded and able to deliver on time;
- Proactive with a ‘can-do attitude’, high sense of responsibility;
- Team player and able to work autonomously.
Key Requirements & Competencies
- University degree in economics, business management, environmental management, or similar;
- 2+ years of proven working experience in EU- / UN-funded project management and knowledge of EU funding programmes (e.g. HORIZON2020, LIFE);
- Experience in carrying out analytical / research and project management activities;
- Knowledge of project management tools;
- Excellent command of English, both oral and written;
- Proficiency in using MS Office, presentation and data processing tools;
- Valid working permit for Belgium;
- Relevant academic and/or work experience in the field of environmental sciences, climate change, transport, energy and/or the HVAC&R sector, a strong plus;
- Engineering background, a strong plus;
- Command of German and / Spanish or another language, a strong plus;
- Permanent contract at entry level position, subject to yearly review based on performance
This position entails diverse job assignments, with broad learning opportunities (i.e. on the job coaching, formal training, attendance to events, etc.) and exposure to a global working environment in fast-paced and dynamic environment. Occasional international travel may be required.
For more information about this job and/or the company please contact Monica De Vetter at: +32 2 230 37 00
Please use the online form to submit your application. Applications received outside the online system will not be taken into consideration.
Application deadline: 30 May 2019 (N.B. suitable candidates might be contacted before this deadline, so early application is recommended).
Interviews/tests will be held in Brussels in May / June 2019.
Interviews/tests will be held in Brussels.