Do you want to work in exciting projects in the environmental field, as part of a dynamic, international team in Brussels?
shecco is a market accelerator supporting the introduction of climate friendly technologies in the heating, cooling and refrigeration (HVAC&R) industry, with a special focus on natural refrigerants. Our philosophy is to bring these technologies faster to the market to reduce greenhouse gas emissions as soon as possible and thereby “sustaining our atmosphere”.
To support its activities in market research and business development, shecco is looking to recruit a Market Analyst to join the Market Development team.
shecco’s Market Development team offers customised market research, business intelligence and consultancy services; public affairs and advocacy services; European and international project activities and campaigns; and a range of publications. The Market Development team is based in Brussels, Belgium. The shecco group has also offices in Japan, and the US.
A proven experience in data collection, market research and analysis as well as communication is a must. Interested? Read further details below.
Estimated start date: January 2019
shecco is looking for a motivated, skilled and proactive Market Analyst to complement shecco’s Market Development team and support the team members in the research activities, communication campaigns, as well as journalistic work. More specifically, he / she will:
- Conduct tailor-made market research in the field of climate-friendly technologies, namely HVAC&R (heating, ventilation, air conditioning & refrigeration) and natural refrigerants in different regions;
- Coordinate the planning, implementation and communication about market research studies
- Undertake regular monitoring & analysis of industry and policy developments at a global and national scale, and compile data for internal and external databases, for market analysis and projections, partner assessments, and scenario planning;
- Draft, implement and analyse surveys;
- Analyse data & trends and produce content for external and internal reporting accordingly;
- Coordinate the data collection for shecco’s internal database (sheccoBase), including briefing colleagues internally to ensure correct encoding;
- Train colleagues on market research and data collection methodology;
- Communicate with market players and customers, and conduct interviews for that purpose;
- Write articles for publication on the industry web portals managed by shecco (R744.com, hydrocarbons21.com, ammonia21.com,) as well as contribute to print and online publications (magazines, newsletters);
- Produce market trends content for shecco’s social media platforms regularly;
- Support the preparation of events (presentation preparation, stakeholder involvement, practical support).
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience in market research, data collection & analysis;
- Very strong motivation to work in the field of environmental technologies;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Sound understanding of business environments;
- Able to use qualitative & quantitative research methods;
- Able to liaise with market players across multicultural environments and culturally sensitive;
- Capable of building trust and credibility with team, stakeholders, and customers;
- Able to use complex technology and market data to produce simple and well-structured written content;
- Quick learner, well-organised and able to deliver high quality content on time;
- Proactive with a ‘can-do attitude’, high sense of responsibility;
- Team player and able to work autonomously.
Key Requirements & Competencies
- University degree in economics, business management, environmental management, or similar;
- Experience in carrying out analytical/research and project management activities;
- Knowledge of project management tools;
- Excellent command of English (near native), both oral and written;
- Proficiency in using MS Office, presentation and data processing tools;
- Valid working permit for Belgium;
- Relevant work experience in the field of environmental sciences, climate change, transport, energy and/or the HVAC&R sector, a strong plus;
- Engineering background, a strong plus;
- Command of German and / Spanish or another language, a strong plus;
- Experience in Marketing/Sales and professional use of social media would be a plus.
- Permanent contract, subject to yearly review based on performance
This position entails diverse job assignments, with broad learning opportunities (i.e. on the job coaching, formal training, attendance to events, etc.) and exposure to a global working environment in fast paced and dynamic environment. Occasional international travel may be required.
For more information about this job and/or the company please contact Monica De Vetter at: +32 2 230 37 00
Please use the online form to submit your application. Applications received outside the online system will not be taken into consideration.
Application deadline: 30 November 2018 (N.B. applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and suitable candidates might be contacted before this deadline, so early application is recommended).
Prior to face-to-face interviews pre-selected candidates will be given a written test. Interviews will be held in Brussels in December / January.