Interested in working on exciting projects in the environmental field, as part of a dynamic, international team in Brussels?
shecco is a market accelerator for the introduction of climate friendly technologies providing market development, publishing and events management services worldwide. Our mission is to bring these technologies faster to the market in order to reduce greenhouse gas emissions as soon as possible and thereby “sustaining our atmosphere”. We especially focus on helping our partners worldwide to introduce sustainable solutions for the Heating, Ventilation, Air-Conditioning & Refrigeration (HVAC&R) industries. shecco’s team is located in Brussels, Tokyo and New York.
To reinforce its Media and Events teams, shecco is recruiting a Social Media & Junior Events Officer.
Application deadline: 15 August 2017
Estimated start date: September 2017
The Social Media & Junior Events Officer will support shecco media and events departments, strengthening our presence in social media and increasing the engagement of our stakeholders.
This position entails a mixture of communication and media relations, and organising policy and industry conferences and meetings. A perfect candidate will have a flexible, positive and proactive mindset and a high degree of creativity.
Responsibilities include but not limited to, the following tasks:
- Devising and executing social media campaigns for our websites, and publications;
- Maintaining a regular dialogue with stakeholders and media;
- Regular planning of strategic social media campaigns, drafting of tweets, posts, creative hashtags, etc. for all our social media platforms;
- Monitoring relevant social media platforms, articles and press releases to distribute to potential readers and media;
- Updating our social media plan and calendar;
- Drafting articles about ATMOsphere and industry events as well as our sponsor companies’ products and services, press releases and other marketing materials;
- Assisting the planning, writing and production of newsletters campaigns for events;
- Assisting with the planning and execution of ATMOsphere Conferences, as well as smaller ATMOsphere Network meetings around the world (logistical support before, during, and after an event);
- Providing support for our attendees, speakers, sponsors and media partners;
- Supporting shecco’s presence at industry trade shows and conferences.
Profile & skills
- Strong interest in environmental issues;
- Native English speaker or equivalent (both oral and written; additional languages a plus);
- Excellent drafting skills;
- Creative and strategic-thinker;
- Quick learner, proactive approach, and hands-on;
- Team player but also able to work autonomously;
- Excellent multi-tasking capabilities under pressure;
- Pro-active approach, quick learner and able to deliver on time;
- University degree in Media, Communications, Marketing, Business or similar;
- Knowledge or experience in social media platforms (1 year minimum);
- Knowledge of image and video editing, a plus;
- Able to travel for work on occasion;
- Background in Environmental issues (via training, professional experience or volunteering) is a plus.
Paid internship (Convention d’Immersion Professionnelle) for a 6-month period, renewable once.
This internship may lead to permanent employment, based on excellent performance.
Please use the online form to submit your application: Applications received outside the online system will not be taken into consideration.
Interviews/tests will be held in Brussels in August.