Interested in reporting on exciting projects in the environmental field as part of a young, dynamic and international team in Tokyo?
To reinforce its media team and contribute to online & print publications, shecco Japan is looking to recruit a native Japanese Junior Reporter / Editorial Assistant for its Tokyo office.
Estimated start date: October 2016
shecco is a market accelerator for the introduction of climate friendly technologies providing market development, publishing and events management services worldwide. Our mission is to bring these technologies faster to the market in order to reduce greenhouse gas emissions as soon as possible and thereby “sustaining our atmosphere”. We especially focus on helping our partners worldwide to introduce sustainable solutions for the Heating, Refrigeration & Air- Conditioning & Refrigeration (HVAC&R) industries. shecco’s team is located in Brussels, Tokyo and New York.
Over the last 15 years, shecco has become the world’s leading publisher of news and reports about natural refrigerants in various world regions. Part of shecco’s publishing portfolio are its online platforms (R744.com; ammonia21.com; hydrocarbons21.com), its Accelerate magazines in North America, Europe, Japan, and Australia & New Zealand, as well as the “GUIDEs” – a series of leading market intelligence reports for different regions and applications. We work with a team of dedicated industry experts and journalists to support progressive business leaders working with natural refrigerant solutions in all HVAC&R sectors.
Working collaboratively as part of shecco’s editorial team, the Junior Reporter / Editorial Assistant, will produce daily content for our online publications and for our Japanese digital magazine “Accelerate Japan” through regular desk-based monitoring and by conducting daily interviews with decision makers and stakeholders.
He/she will also be expected to “hit the ground running” and write articles for publication, as well as contribute research for new publications, including “Accelerate” and the “GUIDEs”.
This flexible and exciting role with high growth potential will provide hands-on writing experience, as well as the vital skills necessary for being an online journalist.
More specifically, some of the tasks will be:
- Media monitoring on a daily basis
- Draft articles, reports and industry updates covering the HVAC industry and specifically Natural Refrigerants
- Edit a wide range of material for online and print publications of the shecco group
- Contribute to the planning of the media team, by putting forward proposals and suggestions for content on a regular basis
- Liaise with a broad network of collaborators, journalists and customers
- Analyse and report on trends concerning the use of different online platforms
Profile / Requirements
- Strong motivation to work in the field of environmental technologies;
- Native Japanese speaker or equivalent (both oral and written);
- Fluent in English;
- A passion for journalism, with work experience in editorial work;
- An ability to translate complex, technical matters in easily understandable texts;
- Attention to detail;
- Pro-active approach and quick learner;
- Well-organised and able to deliver on time;
- Able to liaise with market players across multicultural environments and culturally sensitive;
- Sound understanding of business environments;
- University degree in journalism, or equivalent working experience, students in final years of university studies may apply;
- Proficiency in using MS Office, and Social Media;
- Experience/background in engineering, environmental sciences, energy, business studies a plus;
- Proficiency in using graphic design and presentation tools, a plus;
- Strong interpersonal skills and sociable;
- Very good time management and keen eye for detail;
- Quick learner, proactive approach, and hands-on;
- Team player but also able to work autonomously;
- Able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
Paid Internship for a 6-/12-month period. This internship is intended to lead to a permanent employment, based on performance.
For more information about this job and/or the company please contact Jan Dusek, at: firstname.lastname@example.org