Interested in organising exciting technology events around the globe in the environmental field as part of a young, dynamic and international team in Brussels?
To support shecco’s activities in planning and organising policy and industry conferences and meetings, as well as to support our Events team in customer relations and sales, shecco is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Events & Marketing Assistant.
Estimated start date: August/September 2016
The Events & Marketing Assistant will support the Events team, ensuring the delivery of high quality events and strengthening our customer relations. This will include all aspects of organising an event including planning, practical and logistical preparation, website management, online marketing as well as on-site execution and post-event tasks. She/he will be involved in the management of all shecco events ranging from high profile conferences, under the brand name of ATMOsphere, to smaller meetings in Europe, Asia, North & South America and Australia/New Zealand. The purpose of these events is to bring together leading industry& policy experts from all around the globe to discuss and influence the future of climate friendly technologies. Moreover, she/he will be involved in contacting existing and potential customers and writing news articles for shecco’s online industry platforms (R744.com, hydrocarbons21.com, ammonia21.com, R718.com).
More specifically, some of the tasks will be:
- Drafting of articles about ATMOsphere events, industry events and sponsor companies’ products and services, email
campaigns, press releases and other marketing materials;
- Updating events website (e.g. speaker bios, online programme, presentations, etc.);
- Updating ATMOsphere profile on social media (Twitter, Linked in);
- Updating Industry platforms (R744.com, ammonia21.com, hydrocarbons21.com, R718.com) with articles about industry
events, partner company products and market developments
- Assisting in organising shecco’s presence at industry trade shows and conference;
- Assisting in the planning and execution of ATMOsphere America, ATMOsphere Europe, ATMOsphere Asia and
ATMOsphere Australia events, as well as smaller ATMOsphere Network Meetings around the world
(logistical support before, during, and after an event.). This includes, inter alia:
- Assisting in the preparation of budgets & time schedules, preparing project and marketing plans;
- Communicating and coordinating with participants, speakers, sponsors and media partners;
- Assisting with all questions related to registration, visa letters, sponsor exhibitions, presentations, travel arrangements;
- Providing on-site support: from setting up sponsor exhibitions and running registration to collecting evaluation forms and assisting sponsors in booth tear-down;
- Post-event tasks: gathering and analysing participant feedback, lessons learned, drafting content-related reports,
sponsor and speaker follow-up;
- Assisting in planning and execution of events for public affairs campaigns, trade shows, industry meetings etc. at our
offices in Brussels, Tokyo and the U.S.
The position entails a mix of organisational, communication, creative and administrative tasks, requiring strong organizational skills and a flexible and positive mindset.
- Strong motivation to work in the field of environmental technologies;
- Passion for planning and organising events;
- Strong interpersonal skills and sociable;
- Very good time management and keen eye for detail;
- Quick learner, proactive approach, and hands-on;
- Team player but also able to work autonomously;
- Able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines;
- Excellent multi-tasking capabilities;
- Able to travel on a regular basis;
- Flexible, able to work overtime when needed (in particular during event
- Native English speaker or equivalent (both oral and written);
- University degree (Marketing, European Studies, Environmental Studies,
or similar), or equivalent working experience;
- 1-3 years relevant work experience Marketing experience;
- Sales experience, a plus;
- Experience with online management and communication tools (e.g.
Evernote, Slack, Sli.do,Periscope, Buffer, CMS-systems, Trello) a plus
- Experience/background in engineering, environmental sciences, energy a
- Valid working permit for Belgium (Europe).
- Paid Internship (Convention d’Immersion Professionelle) for a 12-month period
- This internship is intended to lead to a permanent employment, based on performance
For more information about this job and/or the company please contact Monica Aldea, at: +32 2 230 37 00
Please use the online form to submit your application. Applications received outside the online system will not be taken into consideration.
Application deadline: 15 July (but successful candidates may be contacted already before this deadline, so early application is recommended).
interviews/Tests will be held in Brussels before the end of July.