Interested in exciting projects in the environmental field, as part of a dynamic, international team in Brussels?
shecco is a market accelerator supporting the introduction of climate friendly technologies in the heating, cooling and refrigeration (HVAC&R) industry, with a special focus on natural refrigerants. Our philosophy is to bring these technologies faster to the market in order to reduce greenhouse gas emissions as soon as possible and thereby “sustaining our atmosphere”.
shecco’s Market Development team offers customised market research, business intelligence and consultancy services; public affairs and advocacy services; European and international project activities and campaigns; and a range of publications. The Market Development team is based in Brussels, Belgium. The shecco group is also located in Tokyo, Berlin and New York.
To support its activities in the area of public affairs and policy analysis, as well as European and international project management, shecco is looking to recruit a Junior Public Affairs Officer with strong academic background and practical experience in political science, international relations, communication, public and regulatory affairs.
Estimated start date: August 2016
shecco is looking for a motivated, skilled and proactive personality to complement shecco’s Market Development team to support its overall market development, communication and public affairs activities. Specifically, he/she will:
- Undertake constant monitoring of policy and industry developments at a global, regional and national scale (especially EU,
USA, Asia and UN), including institutional and corporate websites, general and specialised press;
- Conduct tailored policy research and analysis, and compile data for internal and external databases;
- Assist in planning, implementing and communicating market development initiatives and advocacy campaigns in the field of
climate-friendly technologies, namely HVAC&R (heating, ventilation, air conditioning & refrigeration) and natural refrigerants
across different regions and stakeholder groups;
- Attend policy and industry meetings, conferences and seminars in Brussels and beyond;
- Contact European, international (UN level) and national (USA, China, Japan, etc.) decision makers;
- Build and maintain relationships with industry stakeholders and legislators, as well as with the general and specialised media
to disseminate key messages;
- Draft position papers, presentations, briefing notes and policy audits on selected issues for internal and external use
- Write articles for publication on the industry web portals managed by shecco (R744.com, hydrocarbons21.com,
ammonia21.com), as well as contributions for new publications (magazines, newsletters).
- Support the preparation of networking events, international workshops and public relations meetings, including contributing
to presentation preparation, stakeholder involvement and practical support;
- Contribute to special projects at the United Nations or European Union levels, including on-going EU-funded projects
(stakeholder management, communication, research & database compilation etc.).
- Very strong interest in policy and market analysis on diverse assignments and project basis;
- Very strong motivation to work in the field of environmental technologies;
- Sound understanding of business environments;
- Sound knowledge of the European and/or UN Institutions, solid understanding of policy-making processes;
- Excellent analytical and communication skills with proactive approach;
- Able to liaise with market players across multicultural environments and culturally sensitive;
- Capable of building trust and credibility with team, stakeholders, and customers;
- Quick learner, well-organised and able to deliver on time;
- Proactive with a ‘can-do attitude’, high sense of responsibility;
- Team player and able to work autonomously.
Key requirements & Competencies
- University degree in Political Science, International Relations, Communications, or similar;
- Relevant work experience in the Public Affairs and/or communications / campaigning field;
- Experience in carrying out analytical/research and project management activities;
- Excellent command of English, both oral and written;
- Proficiency in using MS Office, internet, presentation and Social Media tools;
- Valid working permit for Belgium
- Relevant academic and/or work experience in the field of environmental sciences, energy and the HVAC&R sector, a strong
- Command of a second language (especially German, Spanish), a strong plus;
- Engineering background, a plus;
- Paid Internship (Convention d’Immersion Professionelle) for a 6-month or 12-month period
- This internship is intended to lead to a permanent employment, based on performance
This position entails diverse job assignments, with broad learning opportunities (i.e. on the job coaching, formal training, attendance to events, etc.) and exposure to a global working environment in fast paced and dynamic environment. Occasional international travel may be required.
For more information about this job and/or the company please contact Monica Aldea at: +32 2 230 37 00
Please use the online form to submit your application. Applications received outside the online system will not be taken into consideration.
Application deadline: 15 July 2016 (N.B. suitable candidates might be contacted before this deadline, so early application is recommended).
Interviews/tests will be held in Brussels before the end of July.